Saturday, January 29, 2011

Esther


This is my roommate, Esther.
(Let's all say it together...Hi, Esther!)
She is awesome!!!

Sometimes, we have the weirdest/funniest/randomest (yes, I make up my own words, sue me!) conversations.

Example 1: I was eating a banana and was walking past her room and the following took place

Cyn: Ba-na-na...You know when I say it like that I feel like Tarzan.
Esther: Did you say Tarzan?
Cyn (coming back to her doorway): Yeah, you know like when he has to learn to speak...Ba-Nah-Nah
Esther: Dear God, she has gone crazy. You're nuts!


Example 2: I forget what we were talking about

Esther: Yeah, like RoboCop
Me: What?
Esther: Yeah, like the movie- RoboCop
Me: Never seen it
Esther: (Backtracks into the room) What?!?! You have never seen RoboCop? What kind ofAmerican are you? Everyone has seen RoboCop!
(I guess in Europe, RoboCop is one of those classic movies that, apparently, EVERYONE has seen..or maybe it's just like that in Spain.)

Example 3: Esther had just gotten to get blood drawn this morning and she shows me this:

Esther: I look like a junkie
Me: I don't think junkies wear band-aids

I adore her.
What am I going to do without her when she moves out next month?!?!?!



Questa e' la mia coinquillina, Esther.
(Diciamolo tutti insieme.... Ciao, Esther!)
Lei e' awesome (non ho trovato una parola equivalente in Italiano).

A volte abbiamo delle conversazioni veramente strane/divertenti/pazzoide (e' una parola!)

Esempio 1: Io stavo mangiando una banana e stavo passando davanti alla sua camera da letto

Cyn: Ba-na-na...Sai, che quando lo dico cosi mi sento come Tarzan
Esther: Hai detto Tarzan?
Cyn: Si, sai, come quando deve imparare a parlare....Ba-Nah-Nah
Esther: O Mio Dio, e' impazzita! Sei scema!


Esempio 2:  Non mi ricordo di cosa stavamo parlando

Esther: Si, come RoboCop
Cyn: Cosa?
Esther: Si, come nel film, RoboCop
Cyn: Mai visto
Esther: (Rientra in cucina) Cosa?!?! Non hai mai visto RoboCop? Che tipo di Americanasei? Tutti hanno visti RoboCop!
(A quanto sembra, in Europa Robocop e' uno dei classici, che a quanto pare, TUTTI hanno visto... o magari e' solo cosi in Spagna.)

Esempio 3: Esther e' andata a farsi le analisi del sangue stamattina e mi fa vedere questo:

Esther: Sembro un junkie
Cyn: Non penso che i junkie usano i cerotti

La ADORO!
Cosa faro' senza di lei quando se ne va il mese prossimo?!?!

No comments: